The low-energy isomeric state in thorium-229 offers unique and multifaceted opportunities in physics and neighboring fields of research. Recently, interest in the isomer has experienced a major boost as reflected by the number of teams involved, the number and quality of publications as well as proposed future plans. We therefore came to the conclusion to bring together key researches and young scientists in a workshop “Nuclear Frequency Standard: State of the Art” in the beginning of May 2017 to be held by National Research Nuclear University MEPhI.
Topics to be discussed at the workshop:
- Atomic and nuclear physics of thorium-229
- Frequency metrology
- Evolution of fundamental constants
- Nuclear gamma-ray laser
- Low-energy isomers
Workshop will be conducted on 1st June 2017 at 11:00 a.m.
in Conference Room K-716, NRNU MEPhI.
- Vitaly Palchikov – Introduction with short message
- Ekkehard Peik – Laser excitation experiments with trapped Th-229 ions
- Sergey Derevyashkin – Trapping and laser cooling of Th3+ ions in a multisectional linear quadrupole trap
- Eugene Tkalya – Excitation of thorium-229 nucleus in laser plasma
- Valery Yudin, Alexey Taichenachev – Mass Defect Effects in Atomic Clocks
National Research Nuclear University MEPhI
The Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB), Germany
|Kolachevsky N.N.||Director of P.N. Lebedev Physical Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
Acting head of the department №78, NRNU MEPhI
|Kuznetsov A.P.||Executive Director of LAPLAS Institute, NRNU MEPhI||Program Co-Chair|
|Tkalya E.V.||Professor, NRNU MEPhI||Program Co-Chair|
|Palchikov V.G.||Professor, NRNU MEPhI||Program Co-Chair|
+7 (499) 324-96-25