Head of the Department is Nikolay A. Kudryashov (Dr. Sci. in Physics and Mathematics, Honoured Scholar of the Russian Federation, Recipient of the USSR State Prize, Recipient of the Russian Federation State Prize in education)
✆ +7 (495) 788 56 99, add. 9991
The Department was found in 1970. Boris L. Rozhdestvenskiy, student of the great mathematician and the RAS academician A.N. Tikhonov, recipient of the Stalin and USSR State Prize, became its first Head.
In recent years, the Department has been conducting research in high-performance computing, applied mathematics and statistics, data processing and analysis, and running new courses on information technology. The distinctive feature of the department’s educational programs is paying great attention to in-depth study of modern body of mathematics and information technology, and following the most recent trends of mathematics.
There is great demand for the department’s graduates in labour market as they possess a comprehensive knowledge base. Our graduates have successful career in state enterprises and corporations, scientific centers, and large, middle-sized, and small business entities, such as SC “Rosatom”, the RAS Institutes, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Sberbank Technology, Hewlett Packard, Yandex, Kaspersky Lab, Oracle, Samsung, etc.
Areas of scientific research and professional training:
- Mathematical simulation of physical processes
- Supercomputer Calculations and Parallel Programming Technology;
- Problem Modeling in Geodynamics, Plasma Physics, Mechanics, etc.
- Analytic Theory of Non-linear Differential Equations Аналитическая теория нелинейных дифференциальных уравнений
- Development of New Approaches in Non-linear Mathematics and Physics.
- Group Analysis of Differential Equations
- Approaches in Qualitative Theory of Differential Equations.
- Data Processing and Analysis
- Development of New Mathematical Methods of Data Processing and Analysis
- Machine Learning and Neural Network Approaches
- Mathematics and Statistics, and Bioinformatics
- Development of Methods of DNA and Protein Symbol Sequence Analysis
- Statistical Analysis and Modeling of Polycrystalline Material Properties